ATHLETE ASSESSMENT AND TREATMENT – Lower Quarter, May 25-26
These seminar/workshop series will focus on regional assessment of Athlete and multimodal unique therapy focusing on vibration therapy and rehabilitation, joint and fascia mobilization, IASTM (Kazemizer Shark®) and Leukomizer® taping technique.
The principle of assessment including history taking, physical assessment including orthopedic, neurological and myofascial testing will be explored. Scientific evidence for Whole Body Vibration (WBV) exercise rehab, VMTX Vibromax Therapeutics® (neuromusculoskeletal therapy via utilization of hand-held vibration device), IASTM and Leukomizer® taping will be presented. We will then proceed to hands on assessment and treatment of the area utilizing the specific approach.
Upon completion of this seminar the participant will learn about:
- Assessment and diagnosis of athletic injuries of lower quadrant MSK injuries and conditions
- Treatment of lower quadrant MSK injuries and conditions using Whole Body Vibration, VMTX Vibromax Therapeutis®, Kazemizer Shark® and Leukomizer® taping techniques
- Scientific evidence for:
- whole body vibration and its physiological effects and how to use it for rehabilitation and training
- local vibration therapy VMTX, Vibromax Therapeutics® and how to use it for treatment of lower quadrant
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization/therapy and utilization of Kazemizer Shark® to treat lower quadrant MSK injuries and conditions
- Leukomizer® taping technique and application for lower quadrant MSK injuries and conditions
8:00-8:45 am Introduction
8:45- 9:15 Anatomical review of the lower quadrant (lumbar spine, hip, knee and ankle)
9:15-10:15 Introduction to lower quadrant history taking
10:15- 10:30Nutritional break
10:30- 12:00 Examination of the lower quadrant (Hands on workshop)
Posture and observation
ROM A, P, R
Specific Orthopedic tests (CDROM®)
Neurological tests, SMDTTC®
Muscle and joint palpation
1:00- 2:30 Examination of the lower quadrant (Hands on workshop) continue
2:30- 2:45 Break
2:45- 3:30 What is WBV and its scientific evidence?
3:30- 4:15 What is VMTX Vibromax Therapeutics and how is it used?
4:15-4:45 What is the evidence for IASTM?
What is so good about Kazemizer Shark® tool?
4:45-5:30 Why should we use Leukotape® instead of other tapes?
What is Leukomizer® taping technique?
8:00-10:00 How and when do we use these modalities and techniques?
10:15- 1:30 Putting them all together for the best result